Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Classroom Library



In June, my students helped to clean and organize my classroom library and we discovered that there were 953 books in it, in a variety of genres and reading levels, both fiction and non-fiction.

Good News! (especially for students that were in my class last year) During the summer, I acquired 52 additional books.  That brings the total to 1005 books.  No one can truthfully say that there is nothing to read or that they have read all of the book in my classroom!
Some of the new titles added this year.

As of right now, not all of the titles are available for student use.  As we continue throughout the year, I will continue to introduce new bins of books and new titles.  This will hopefully heighten awareness of what is available to spark the students' interest.  If students have a particular interest and I am lacking those types of items, I encourage them to let me know so that I may add those to my collection, if it is reasonable.

It will be the classroom library books that will be used for independent reading and book talks this year.  Please continue to read nightly at home, but please leave those books at home.

*NEW THIS YEAR! Please let me know, via a note in your child's agenda, if your child DOES NOT have permission to use the internet for assignments, and/or if I DO NOT have permission to photograph them and post them on our blog.  Students are never identified by name, captions describe the activity only.  Feel free to check out posts from last year to see how things are handled.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.