Thursday, September 04, 2014

What a Day!

A student in our class posed an interesting question.  They asked me, "If you could have any superpower, what would it be?".  After thinking about it for a while, I decided that I would like to eradicate any type of illness with the touch of my hand.  Another student asked what my name would be.  Since superheroes' names are often related to their superpower, I was stuck for ideas.  For homework this evening, see if you can come up with a good name for my superhero.  Write it in your agenda in Friday's area.

I am very pleased with the oral presentations that our class gave, using their treasure box item as their topic.  We created our first anchor chart together to assist with all oral presentations.  Please see the literacy anchor chart library page of our site.  Here is a photo of all of us with our treasures.


We completed a math activity on Wednesday, called "Math About You".  After the students had time to work independently, they worked in pairs to share and support each other with their math thinking.  Here are some pictures...ask your child about it!














































Please don't forget the items that are due tomorrow:  agenda money, kleenex box, pink Good News Ticket, dividers for French, any other school supplies, and parent homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.