Thursday, September 06, 2012

Our First Mentor Text

Today during our Literacy Block, I read a mentor text called "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" by Mark Teague.  The students were introduced to "think alouds" and "think-pair-share".  The story got our "juices flowing", providing us with some ideas for writing.  The students were asked to write one paragraph describing their summer vacation (they could choose to write fiction or non-fiction).  These paragraphs will be assessed by me and used as a diagnostic tool, so that I can see how much they know and what I need to teach with regards to paragraph structure.
We also began learning the steps of problem solving in math today, doing Shared Math.  We created our first anchor chart together.  Please see the anchor chart page of our website.
Tomorrow we will have D.P.A. outside, weather permitting.  Please make sure you wear outside running shoes to school.  You will not be able to participate if you are wearing other types of footwear.
 
 

P.S.  Do you have a joke or riddle for our "Joke of the Day" page?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.